Oslund

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 12:18:32 -0500

>Hello
>
>This is my first official post to the list. I have the Oslund <brand> "end
>mill" and "notcher mill"  machines. The only numbers that I can find are
>serial numbers on the motor. I suspect that they were/are genreic mills that
>had been proprietarly adapted to piano work. I know that this is no help on
>your specific question, but hope it helps.
>
>Regards
>
>Hubert Liverman

Hi Hubert,
My notcher/trimmer has a patent number stamped into the top of the base.
Doing an on-line number search at the US patent Office site produced both
drawings and abstract for just the notcher. The surfacer doesn't have a
number that I can find, but was apparently patented separately from the
notcher. What I was hoping to find was a number for the surfacer so I could
get a look at the original drawings and perhaps see how the surfacer was
originally configured. Mine is missing parts - specifically the indexing
hardware for trimming off key fronts. I've made an add-on that works
reasonably well, but I would like to see what was originally there. Is
yours complete, and do you perchance have a digital camera?

Ron N