October 2002 Piano Technicians Journal Issue

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:08:32 -0500

I cannot begin to express my appreciation for some of the most
touching and informative articles that appeared in this issue.

For those that might accidentally skirt over this issue, one poignant
writing by Chip Wise on page 38 concerning an experience he had with
Roger Weisensteiner exists. It doesn't get much better than this.

The extremely informative article published in the Music Trades, July
2002, page 34 with regards to Genichi Kawakami and the evolution of
Yamaha Corporation is staggering in revealing several of the unknown
elements to me concerning the history of this entity and this
individual.

The article by Owen Jorgensen has some extremely relevant quotes and
comments that were quite frankly, pleasantly entertaining and
resolving statements for me concerning equal and unequal temperaments
in general.

Bob Hohf with his Editorial Perspective, Nolan Zerinque and his
President's Message, Jim Birch with his Executive Outlook, John
Hartman's, Measuring Aftertouch photos, and so many others, each who
had something uniquely interesting to offer.

Thank you all for being around at this juncture in my piano experience!

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild