October 2002 Piano Technicians Journal Issue

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:55:28 -0400

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 04:14  PM, SidewaysWell1713@aol.com=20
wrote:

> Bill Garlick again, was the person who taught and spread the idea of=20=

> individualized aftertouch, a concept I have used ever since I learned=20=

> it from him in 1986.=A0 His 5:4 relationship of contiguous 3rds and=20
> individualized aftertouch really ought to merit him the Hall of Fame=20=

> award.=A0

Nominations are still open for 2003!! I lobbied hard for the Boston=20
Chapter to nominate Bill in 2002, and they did; the prize went to=20
Virgil Smith this year. If other chapters offer nominations for Bill,=20
it may happen for him too.

Speaking of Virgil Smith, I recall some recent conversation here about=20=

his teachings, and I thought y'all would want to know (assuming here=20
that you didn't read the 2002 PTG Foundation Minutes) that he is=20
writing a book on tuning, which he plans to submit to the PTG=20
Foundation for publication.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available