Needling parallel to the molding was L.O.S.S.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:06:37 +0200

I was always told, and that makes sense to me, that needling parallel
to the molding in the shoulders implies the greatest lost in tension,
as the fiber is destroyed, it create holes that will enlarge after
that.

But, in respect of the difficulty with new Abel hammers, that are not
responding much to needling at first, I understand that the process
may help to needle less.

To obtain that mushy texture that some seems to like it is probably
the good solution, but will you restore some energy with low needling
after that ?

I should consider straight needling near the crown on Abel only as the
last task in voicing, if I want to cut the hard rebound of these
hammers.

But I will probably use a totally different technique actually.

Regards.

Isaac O