worn out treble strings. was Re: L.O.S.S.

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:48:47 EDT

In a message dated 07/10/02 6:14:54 PM, Wimblees@aol.com writes:

<< So, is there a reason, other than rust, why treble strings should be
replaced?  >>

Wim...the original question was pertaining to a new piano and presumably new
strings on that piano.............
but my take on 'your' question is that as strings age and are beat on/tuned,
etc. they will gradually lose their elasticity and therefore their sustain
power/mechanism........when this happens?????? I don't know, but that is my
take and I suppose it depends on any number of factors but it is many many
many years under normal circumstances....
Jim Bryant (FL)