Tuning Fees as quoted in the Music Trades Magazine

Cy Shuster charter1400@charter.net
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:37:24 -0700

Avery,

I didn't mean to express an opinion one way or another; I just wanted to
respond to Joe's request to find the original statement.

You're right, though; in the first version, at least, it's installed in a
modified piano, not a "normal" one (insulated agraffes for electrical
isolation).  Don Gilmore, apparently the lead engineer and designer, has
discussed the system extensively on the group rec.music.makers.piano, and
has responded to numerous challenges of "What about this?" with detailed
can say it certainly sounds like a functional system, and an efficient one
at that.  The cost component may make it a feature like the player systems,
just for high-end pianos.  And of course the long term effects on a complex
system like a piano are unknown (electric current magnetizing strings over
time?).

--Cy--
Rochester, MN