L.O.S.S.

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:00:03 -0500

Also, some a 'dem worn 'ol pianos are "letting off" about an inch from =
the string--no power.=20

Alan Barnard
=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jolly roger=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 10:10 PM
  Subject: Re: L.O.S.S.

  Hi Torn,
                If the strings are seated and the bridge pins are =
secure.  Then lift the strings on both sides of the capo. After  lifting =
then make sure the hammer fitting is still good.
  If it is an isolated note. Check the hammer flange centre pin.   Trust =
me there is more weak trebles out there, caused by poor pinning, than we =
would care to count.
  Regards Roger