L.O.S.S.

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:10:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/02 9:13:56 PM, pianotuna@accesscomm.ca writes:

<< Some companies have done this in the past--for example the Baldwin 6000

upright--so be skeptical--all you want. >>

The pianos I originally queried about with L.O.S.S. were vertical pianos.
Why would adding weight to the bridge have any impact on a vertical sound
board?  I've never heard of this technique, but I could imagine that weight
added to a bridge on a horizontal soundboard would make some sense.  But when
the soundboard is parallel to the force of gravity?  Can someone explain why
this would make a difference?

Tom Sivak