Maintenance Schedule Ideas?

Paul E. Dempsey dempsey@Marshall.edu
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

Petrof, perhaps?

This being a church, I'm assuming that one is in the sanctuary, one in
a choir rehearsal space and the other in a Fellowship Hall? (am I
close?)
With heavy,frequent, and exacting use I usually with recommend four(4)
tunings per year for the sanctuary instrument,scheduling them
strategically to fall just before Christmas, Easter,  in late summer
after vacations end and the last mid summer , three(3) per year for the
rehearsal piano and 2 or three for the remaining instrument,

That's a total of 9-10 tunings per year. Of course, you can adjust the
timing of the tunings and even the number of tunings to allow for
unusual weather anomalies and the particular church schedule.

Fit needed repairs/regulations in as required.

David and Julie Streit wrote:

>I have a new client with three 8 or 8 1/2 foot grands.  All are about
three years old.  They requested that I write up a maintenance plan so
they can schedule the funding and I have no idea where to start.  I'd
like some input on this from those with experience.

>The client is a church.  The pianos are played very hard and
frequently.  I'm having a brain cramp at the moment and can't remember
the brand name, but they were made in Czechoslovakia (sp?).  They all
could use some regulation and one needs the key bushings replaced.

>I've never done a complete maintenance plan for an institution before
so any ideas are welcome.

>David Streit, RPT
>Portland, OR

Paul E. Dempsey RPT