veritune custom stretch #s

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:08:28 +0000

Patrick wrote
SNIP
>A0  6:3 45% /  10:5 55%
>A1  6:3 75% / 4:1 25%

Is there really enough fundamental at A1 to use 4:1, even at only 25%?
That is, I'm thinking about crummy public school practice pianos (just
got back from a "day at high school"). Probably would work well with a
larger piano though.

Why no settings for A2?
SNIP

The fundamental that the 4:1 double octave refers to for A1 is A3.  So it's
checking the 4th partial of A1 against the 1st partial of A3.  As to why
there's no setting for A2, the VT does a weighted transition between set
points.  It uses the double octave from A3 down to A1 to transition from the
temperament octave stretch down to A1.

Yikes! howd I become the 'expert' at this?!?

I'm just _________ enough to start messing around with this feature.

a. crazy
b. stupid
c. bold