Missing Dowel

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:19:56 -0700

You can use virtually any dowel obtained from a hardware store.  After
cutting to proper length, bore an appropriate sized hole at each end to
insert a balance rail pin.  If the original had one of those rubber grommet
thingees they are available from Schaff, etc.  If it was the type with the
felt folded into the lift rod hole then you are set to go.  Put a key
punching on the trap work end if there currently isn't a felt or rubber
bushing present.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV