Smoke machine deposits

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

Naptha is the only solvent I can think of srong enough
to dissolve grease ( with a  little toothbrush/rag
action) but not strong enough to dissolve cured
finishes of anykind, and unlikely to dimensionally
alter wood. Of course it stinks like heck, and is
quite dangerous to beathe, so a mask would be
essential. And I wouldn't know what effect it would
have, if any, on a block once it evaporated out, or if
it would drag crud into the pinholes with it and cause
problems. When I first responded to this post, there
was no indication in the text that this was a costly
performnance piano, as opposed to
Mrs. Biffstoneworthington's flowerpot holder.
     Call this a bad idea come up with at midnight,
and NOT something to try on a valuable instrument
without practice on crummy ones first. But actually
might work with no ill effects.You try it first.
     Gordon