Bridge capping materials,etc.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:03:37 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 15, 2002 6:13 AM
Subject: Re: Bridge capping materials,etc.

> Would you consider selling the old one and for how much?
>
> Greg Newell

I'll be using most of the old one to make the new one. I'm basically happy
with it as is. It's just not 'tight' enough for easy use. The vertical slide
was original to the machine--the basic framework was built to be a simple
overarm router--and allows too much slop. I'll be replaceing that with true
linear bearings. I'll also be supporting the support plate somewhat better.
After all of that I'll work on simplifying the whole thing. Then I'll think
about making one for sale.

Del