Marshall & Wendell Baby Grand

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:03:06 -0500

Dear Pianotech,

Came across this very small grand piano (4' 7 1/2") that actually was
made for Marshall & Wendell by Chickering & Sons. Very nice plaque
mounted in the cast iron plate stating it.

Certainly surprised me to find out that such a thing was going on
back then, and moreso, by Chickering. The serial number is 112505.

Looking in Pierce Piano Atlas, 10th Edition under M&W says its age is
1931. Looking under Chickering says its age is 1908.

Anybody have information as to which reference would be the accurate one?

To my vision it appears to be older than 1931.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild