Piano Lac Finish

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:05:20 -0400

At 08:14 AM 10/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>     At the suggestion of Jon Page, I have looked into the PIano Lac
>finishing.  It all looks like a great improvement over lacquer, so I would be
>interested in hearing from others that are using, or have tried this
>particular product.  I am trying to get my refinisher to use a harder finish
>than the Campbell's lacquer he is presently accustomed to, but people get set
>in their ways, sometimes. Maybe with several testimonials, I can get a little
>more traction.
>   Piano Lac= Pitfalls?  Boons?  Caveats?
>Thanks,
>Ed Foote RPT

Just a few benefits: non-toxic, non-toxic, non-toxic

The sealer is non-grain raising, builds and sands perfectly.

The finish levels out with minimal rubbing out.

Touch-up is practically effortless, minor surface abrasions simply buff out.
Deeper scratches, fill with an artist's brush...sand...rub out.  the black
matches the old cured
lacquer and new polyester (pedal vertical and top of the pedal box
resprayed and is a perfect
match with the high gloss buff).  It cures harder than lacquer but isn't
brittle, doesn't chip. I sprayed the
bass side of a grand one day and moved it the next (directly on the dolly -
no board) and it did not imprint.

The product was developed by a piano refinisher who strove for all the
desirable traits one looks for in a finishing material.
Arthur has done extensive research and has sought out the best ingredients.
PianoLac is a refinisher's finish material.

Had it not been for this material, I would not be considering finish work.

Since the material has a higher solids content than lacquer you need to
spray lighter coats, this is a little hard getting used to.
It is perfect for 'overspray' finishes too. Believe it or not, PianoLac is
the perfect finish material.

How's this for a finish: Rub Effect Clear.  This product sprays on to a
smooth semi gloss and looks hand rubbed. Talk about no work...

Can you tell, I really like this product?

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com