Supply house confidentiality on prices

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:31:11 -0400

At 08:50 PM 10/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I intend to call Schaff and talk to them about it as soon as I have a free
>moment.
>
>David Love

As I recall, I was not able to order until I started an account and I
had to prove involvement in the business.

But I wonder how Schaff handles non-techs who call and order parts for
their player pianos.
That is an area which envelopes the hobby crowd.  We already know the
player business is
tough enough and it probably is a struggle for PPCo to keep their doors
open so their client
base is the piano owner.

I'm not dead-set against someone procuring discounted items or someone with
the ambition
to broaden their skills. What I'm leery about is the possibility of their
ordering parts which
are not the best suited to their application and I'm expected to make them
work.  For instance,
if by chance someone got their hands on a set of pre-hung hammers for a S&S
and the string
height was so askew that regulation is not optimal. Why should I get
involved with doing
sub-standard work.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician