Piano Keys (Forwarded Message)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

OK Stephen. Now I must ask something that's been
bugging me for years:  What, pray tell, is a
"Fortepiano"??? Christophori's first was a "Piano et
Forte", so how can one say that earlier instrumenmts
had the inverted usage. When did "Forte piano" enter
the language, why, and by whom, if you please ?
     Thump

--- Stephen Birkett <sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca>