Market Value for Steinway L

Kdivad@aol.com Kdivad@aol.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:09:45 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/02 8:03:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:

> Lanie
>
> Considering the conversation on this list a couple of weeks ago, where I
> was told a rebuildable M is worth between $10,000 and $12,000, I would
> think the customer could ask as much as $20,000 for the L you are
> describing, and expect to get no less than $15,000.
>
> Wim

Wim, good range of value, though with the piano being 65 years old and
original inside, showing verdigris and some veneer damage it might be closer
to the $15k, on the retail market.  On the wholesale market I would consider
this piano only in a rebuilding  light and go back to the $10k to $12k range.

David Koelaer
Vintage Pianos
DFW