only aural tunings are good

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:40:24 -0400

I also rely heavily on an electronic tuning device (ETD).  I use RCT (Reyburn
Cybertuner).  When I was predominantly an aural tuner I would retune every
single pin just to be sure the tuning couldn't be improved upon.  I think
that worked against a stable tuning.

Now that I have used RCT for several years, it seems I am finding an
increasing number of tuning pins that don't have to be touched even after a
year.  My tunings are more stable than they used to be.  Seems logical to me,
and I like being able to offer my clients the most stable tunings available.

Regards,
Clyde