PVA

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:51:05 -0500

Doing some educational surfing as I waited for the coffee to kick in this
morning, I learned a few things about our old pal polyvinyl acetate. This
stuff isn't just in our adhesives, it's everywhere. Among the many uses
that I wasn't aware of are, as a protective and moisture retentive coating
for fruit, an ingredient of chewing gum, and a spray application for soil
moisture and erosion control. I don't know what it takes to make the stuff,
but in use it's reported to be environmentally friendly and benign. Like so
many things, we apparently eat more of it than we know.
Ron N