I'm back

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:11:07 -0400

All right smarty pants!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ballard" <yardbird@pop.vermontel.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: I'm back

> At 8:10 AM -0400 10/20/02, Tom Servinsky wrote:
> >As was promised before I left on the European concert tour (7 weeks ago),
> >I'm back ready to answer questions.
>
> I bet a vote (for a politician of your choice) that you didn't once
> need to crack open the lacquer. Were you able to Hamburg Steinnways
No lacquer was taken on the trip and no Steinways were  provided, only
Yamaha CF111s at all venues, as he is a Yamaha artist.
> If those hammers got hit, how well could
> they withstand the beating?Just how hard did he drive the piano (as
> compared to Jerry Lee Lewis or Don Pullen)?
>If there was ever the exact opposite to a Jerry Lee Lewis this was it. This
guy flirted with extreme degrees of ppp and pppp the whole tour.  He was
more interested in maintaining as "velvety" as a sound as possible. Anything
hinting at the slightest degree of percussiveness he got  cranky.