WAS.... White Glue for hammers--now decidely OT.....

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:57:00 EDT

In a message dated 19/10/02 7:52:46 PM, lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:

Gordon my response interspersed........

<<"This is according to one's ethics. By helping to make
the slaughter of animals in any way profitable, some
feel that partaking of ANY of the economic process is
unethical,">>

<<"I do not wear, eat or use animal products, as much as
possible.">>

 This is called situational ethics Gordon and is among the truly insidious
tendencies of civilized humans........... let me hasten to say that we are
'all' guilty of this to some degree......

<<" just as some might refrain from buying a
lampshade made from human skin.">>
 I thought we were speaking of hot glue here not the Holocaust.........or
Ghengis Kahn's furnishing accessories..........

<<" There is no ethical concern in this
very resourceful use, though some still find it rather
disturbing aesthetically.">>
 This is a paradox isn't it?? If animals are revered as minor gods, and in
your postulated instance they are, how can they be no "ethical concerns"
derived from using a 'god's' body part for anything??

 <<"I especially do not use regular, animal fat
soap! Just could never understand the idea of
freshening up..... by rubbing a corpse all over me!?!?">>
Oh? and just what do you use? Most of the alternative 'cleansing agents'
contain much less earth friendly chemicals than does a dead Dobbin
bar.........

 <<"Am replacing the brake fluiud in my car with
silicone.  Haven't found a  substitute for
anti-freeze, though, yet.">>
 Silicone? Does there exist a more persistent chemical in the environment
than a refined silicone? What is the purpose of using "silicone"? If it is to
keep from using 'organic' material in your brake fluid then you have missed
the mark... as silicone is a  semi-inorganic polymer based on the structural
unit R2SiO, where R is an organic group....care to guess what the favorite
organic group in your siliconized brake fluid is??

<<"Afro-Americans were considered by our government,
NOT very long ago, expendible "resources", in the same
manner that many still consider animals: hence,">>

I fail to see what this PC comment has to do with 'hot glue'.....it would
have better been left unsaid unless you also add in the un-notified
experiments on white Americans before, during and after the same period......
In any event you aren't even consistent with your PC appeal because in your
following sentence you say....."in which infected blacks"....................

<<"An increasing number of people, all around the world,
now feel that "animals", as sentient, social beings
capable of feeling pain, should ALSO not be the
victims of our whims!">>

 I happen to think that NOTHING should suffer our "whims" and that includes
animals, people, the earth, and especially the wild asparagus!! :-) Using
'all' resources wisely is fundemental to our well being and very important to
our survival...........

<<"It certainly seems to me that,
as we can put a man on the moon, have 900 channels of
tv and develop the Internet, this compassionate move
is the next logical, and very important step for
humanity.">>
Humanity could survive without "900 channels of tv" or "the internet"...the
moon thingee is still up in the air.....
but........
 What "compassion" are you speaking of here? Is it the compassion of the
local SPCA...who upon receiving an anonymous 'tip' that a woman had 14 cats
and was neglecting them had the County animal control people pick up the cats
for their "well being" although there was no sign of neglect, and the cats
were well fed, healthy, and obviously well cared for.................the end
result is that the SPCA "put the cats to sleep" ( what a nice term for
kill)........ so much for their "well being"......... Yeah we really need
more PETA type "compassion"!!

 The compassionate thing to do would have been to stick to the GLUE subject
as much as possible....but what the heck do I know about compassion?....... I
cleanse my body with dead animals................prefer leather shoes over
slave wage sneakers and have dead bovine hide covering my car sea
ts..........................but I would thrash you just as soundly were I to
see you beating an animal of your own as I would if I were to see you beating
Jim Bryant (FL)