Heat-Damaged Bass String?

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:07:45 -0600

Hi,

To control the heat on the pliers an ordinary incandescent dimmer can be
used. Just put those piano tuning skills to a slighty different use for a
few moments!

At 02:41 PM 10/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I like the electric shank benders myself...I just borrowed one from a tech
friend...but it is
>very easy to blacken the shank...I would suggest the wattage controller to
keep the temp. a little lower.

>David I.
>
>PS.  Why is the Pianotek tool so much more expensive?  Does anyone own one?

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.