ears vs. eyes..kinda long-winded

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:00:42 -0700

>Question:  How many tuning fork/ear tuners advertise that fact?
I don't advertise that fact, because I don't advertise, but I know there
is definitely resistance among my new clientele to machine tuning---a lot
of teachers and good  players have not been happy with the sound of their
pianos after an EDT guy was there.  I could speculate a conclusion, but
it would be pure anecdotal speculation.  My hunch is that using an EDT
allows you to get a "pretty good" tuning in 35-45 minutes, and that a lot
of guys are into speed and "5 or 6 pianos a day."  Which for me would be
a ticket to Prozacville, and probably a different career.

David A.