ETD story

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:42:12 -0700

>Again, to ALL non-ETD'ers : I have the fullest respect for your opinions and
>work methods. I would never want to press the matter as it is senseless and
>egocentric.
>It is just that most non-believers have not worked with the VT and it
>therefor seems unbelievable.
>I have also seen this more than once with tuners here who just started with
>the thing... They all << got hooked and behave like very excited children
>with a magic electronic toy.

My friend....it's not that I'm a non-believer; I've just not heard a
tuning that's a major leap better than mine......but I'm open; I'd truly
love to hear your work.

I guess I've tuned about 27,000 pianos, give or take a thousand; the vast
majority of those have been fun and good for me, a challenge to my high
and harsh critical standards; I feel like I've really come into an
exalted tuning place in the past 5 years.  Believe me: if this was not
fun, I would be the first in line for the VT, or for opening a great,
honest piano store.  My first principle in life is to have a good time.
That said, I love tuning pianos the way I do it.  I'm an autodidact
(self-taught) by nature and experience, and I've found a way to have fun
95% of the time I tune.  Of course, a lot of that has to do with the
quality of the pianos one works on, and the quality of the people that
own/use them.

The next time I'm in Europe, I'm coming to see you.  Guaranteed.......be
well, mon frere.

David Andersen