Jannsen... (Was Winter & Co.)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:53:56 -0500

Hi Terry,

Ran into a Jannsen console last year.  I ended up using lots of epoxy and
bolting the case back together at the top, AND at the bottom.  Also reglued
the bass bridge back on and epoxied loose bridge pins.  When I was
finished, it held a tuning but the tone was poor.  The church I did this
work for either gave away or sold the piano, so I haven't seen it again.

If you do repair the pinblock separation, also check the bottom of the
case, because it is likely falling apart there also.  The advise to junk
the piano is good.  A student needs a piano  in good repair, that is
structurally solid and is in good regulation.

Sincerely,
David A.. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO