Recording Studio Tuning

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:48:00 -0600

Hi Terry,

Your first post was unclear. Please note the word respectfully in my
orignal post. I was not trying to make anyone look foolish (though I have
sometimes felt offended). Don't blow a gasket--we have enough of that here
to last a lifetime already. And please do spell out all the facts. Thanks!

At 08:30 AM 10/22/02 -0400, you wrote:
>What is the attraction to trying to make someone look foolish when all the
facts have not been spelled out? Are you suggesting that you would have
charged 1.5 times 3 tunings? Let's say you charge $75 for standard tuning
(that's my standard tuning fee). Are you suggesting that you would have
charged the guy $337.50 to tune a piano that was 5 cents off?

>I charged him 1.5 times my regular rate - for a pitch raise and a tuning -
that is, 1.5 times my regular tuning fee of $75 plus 1.5 times my pitch
raise fee of $40. That came out to $172.50 for 1.5 hours of work. I can
live with that. I would hardly call that "3 tunings for the price of 1.5"
on very many rate sheets.

>Terry Farrell

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/