how lucky can you get

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:42:52 -0400

--

Tuned a Baldwin Acro yesterday, which had two sticking keys, b3 and c4.
The problem was a sluggish jack on both of them. I used Protec on both,
which freed b3. But C5 was still sluggish. What to do, what to do. I
didn't want to remove the whole action just to repin one jack flange.

I took a pair of needle nose, and squeezed the center pin. Didn't work.
I tried again, Didn't work. I sat there, contemplating what to do next.
I though, what the heck, let's try it again. It work. It freed up the
jack.

Now if I can only figure out what I did, and why it worked, I can pass
this trick on as a tech tip. Any ideas?

Wim

            Wim,

I have no idea, but could you send me those pliers ?

            Tom Driscoll