ears vs. eyes..kinda long-winded

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:29:24 EDT

Hi,
  I tuned last week for a new client,who is a very picky,and knowledgeable
musician.A friend,and fellow tech ( Don Valley),had put a new set of hammers
on this instrument,and did some other work,and wanted me to go tune it
later,as he ran out of time that day.This pianist had already dismissed a
couple of high end tuners in our area,which I respect,so I was a bit nervous
taking this account.I went in with a good set of ears,and my trusty
Accu-tweaker (as Jim Harvey calls it) ,and end of story.He went through the
tuning with check after check,( his checks) bars from different classical
pieces,and each time,it was pure and clean.Isn't it great when a well laid
plan comes together.
Best,
Hazen Bannister