Bridge pin drills was Re: Bridge cap materials

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:42:41 -0500

>Has anyone tried the air hammer used for driving tuning pins to drive a
>bridge pin? Seems like you could make lightning strike twice in the same
>spot with that, or would it be more like a small nuclear device striking
>twice in the same spot? Maybe turn the air pressure WAY down and use a
>bridge pin punch? Maybe not?
>
>Terry Farrell

The rivet gun and palm nailer won't work with low enough pressure to make
it controllable, and a pneumatic gasket scraper I tried didn't have enough
whack. The little pneumatic sculptor's hammers look like they would be
close to the right power range, but I haven't yet found one I could borrow
to try.

Ron N