yamaha upright diskclavier on heavy tour?

Jean Debefve kobold@wanadoo.be
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:49:49 +0200

Hi all,

I am currently intending to buy a yamaha upright diskclavier, and use it on
a children theatre production.
That will mean a lot of touring, and transport by non-professionnal movers
for performances in small venues.
Considering the possibilities of the instrument, and my preference for real
sound (vs synthetised  sounds), my only fear is about the tuning of the
beast (I could probably take care of that on a daily basis, and have a
technician check it out once in a while), and the reliability of the
electronical-mechanical device inside.

Does anyone have an (good or bad) experience in the field?

About the feasability of such a project (I am already writing the play!)...
Am I only daydreaming ?

Thanks for your help and experience !

Jean Debefve
Artistic director