Pinblock Drilling Centering

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:29:04 -0500

>    So As I now understand it for a no. 2 pin fit in delignit, you bore
> with drill sizes that are only a couple thous. different so the final
> reaming isn't going to change the accuracy of the first hole drilled it's
> just cleaning it up.
>       Dale E.

More than just a couple of thou. First pass is 0.25, second pass is 17/64.
About 0.015 bigger with the reaming pass. Second pass goes very quickly, no
drill bit heating or chip clearing issues, and leaves a hole sized more
accurately than any other way I've tried. A thousandth or so won't make
much of a detectable difference in a more resilient and less dense maple
block, but it sure will in the denser blocks like Delignit, and more so in
the near granite blocks like Falconwood and the granite+ blocks like
Baldwin's.

Ron N