Swabbing with PDF/Jim Bryant

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:23:58 -0700

Jim,
Your comment, "Swab as many holes as you will pin in the nex several
hours......", is, in my opinion, wrong. I've done a lot of experimentation
re. this and have found that swabbing two notes at a time, (ie six holes),
gives the best results.
The next comment: "If you are pinning a plate with bushings apply the fluid
'before' you insert the bushings....walla...". Could not agree with this
either. As I stated at an earlier time, (see the Archives), I soak the plate
bushings until they are Super Satruated with PDF 2% and Synthetic Reducer
98%. I install the TWO notes worth of plate bushings, immediately swab the
hole with PDF AND immediately string those TWO notes. A lot of this is
timing. Once you start the sequence, you get in a rhythm and will install,
swab, pin/string/draw out more plate bushings to soak on paper
towel/continue the sequence....yada yada.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)