S&S "S" Treble wire UPDATE

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:14:09 +0200

Paul,

I don't understand what are you expecting of the brass tubing there ? a cap
for a grooved capo ?
A little smaller length ? more down bearing ?
Is the tubing covering the capo or in front of it ?

Thanks.

Isaac OLEG
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Paul McCloud
  Envoyé : samedi 26 octobre 2002 15:08
  À : pmc333@earthlink.net; 'Pianotech'
  Objet : RE: S&S "S" Treble wire UPDATE

  Here’s the final skinny on my original string problem.  I called Steinway,
and they know of this problem on the “S”.  They agreed it was the excess
string length was the problem.  It was suggested to rub some graphite on the
bottom of the V bar.  What I did was to cut a piece of brass tubing in half
and “cap” the V bar with it.  I was able to pull the strings up to pitch
with this brass cap between the string and the V bar.   Thanks for all the
help.

              Paul McCloud

              San Diego