Yamaha upright diskclavier on heavy tour?

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:18:21 +0100

John,

That is a good idea and it is necessary for many pianos, but the
Disclaviers are really well build with a strong back.

If they are to be installed on larger rollers, care must be taken to
use a well dimensioned model, or to brace some L shaped metal framing
(not very nice looking but could be done with a support for a stool.

I've find Yamaha U series verticals to be well resistant to moving,
assuming they are lying flat always, and not moved hardly.

But for sure when they are installed on the rolling tool for moving,
the weight is applied to the lower part of the plate and the
soundboard  is compressed a bit, despite the wood bracing of the back
posts.

hope it is clear enough.

Regards

Isaac O Zoreil