Yamaha upright disklavier on heavy tour?

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:35:36 +0100

Hello Z!

I'll second what you say, I know a few places (bar in hotels where the
boss prefer not to pay a pianist and allow the people to hear these
awful pre recorded CD of pseudo jazz that can play on these pianos).

Well enough rant, the pianos MX100 & 100S are really holding well the
many hours of play every night. Some regulation is necessary from time
to time (kind of lost motion regulation) but really not much. Even
when misregulated, the piano is playing enough to be used.

Never heard of a real problem with these.

At the IRCAM, they use it for written music (MIDI orders) and it works
always as expected.

What I like the most is their Grand Disclavier models, I found them
amazingly well made.

And people like to see the keys moving it is a show in itself.

Regards.

Isaac O!