Sojin pedal noise

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:06:46 -0500

Friends,

I service a 1987 Sojin console.  The sustain pedal prop rubs the side of
the hole in the pedal, making a pretty nasty noise.  Ordinarily I try VJ
lube first, and if that doesn't work for a relatively long time, I would
put leather or felt strips between the pedal prop and the hole edges.
That works quite well.

But on this piano I already tried the heavy grease, and the pedal prop
fits too tightly in the hole to permit putting anything else in there.
I guess it wouldn't be much trouble to just drill the hole a little
bigger, but I dislike making modifications like that if I can avoid
them.

Anyone else run into this problem?  How did you solve it, or what would
you recommend?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA