Moving Experience

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:26:48 -0500

Alan,

I think people worry about this a lot more than they would need to.  I
frequently tell them that if it sounds out of tune after the move, call
me; otherwise it can wait until the next 6-month or annual tuning.

I have had experiences, though, where a vertical piano goes very out of
tune if the weight distribution on the four casters is different after
the move.  If the floor is uneven, a small repositioning of as little as
6" can make a difference.  I don't move the piano after I tune it unless
I have no option.

Regards,
Clyde