Knabe

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:39:47 -0800

Buy a Yamaha U1 for about the same price.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clyde Hollinger" <cedel@supernet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 28, 2002 1:21 PM
Subject: Knabe

Friends,

Customers of mine are looking to buy a new piano and are considering a
Knabe console(?).  I will go see the piano, but does anyone have any
advice in advance on the new ones?  I think the asking price is around
five grand.

I read that they were made by Young Chang in Korea and China but that
the name was recently sold to Samick, who plans to make premium pianos
with the Knabe name. I don't know where the one I will see was made.
Any advice, further information or guidance?  I want to give my
customers good advice, but I have no familiarity with these pianos --
yet.

Regards,
Clyde