PRs climbing sharper

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:02:50 -0600

>...Whatever....what's the best solution?
>Tommy Black

If overshoots occurred on a regular basis, the best solution would be
*not* to overpull near so much. But since it doesn't, you take your
chances on the few occasions when it does. And for those times it
does, you enter that information in the customer dbase record
reminding you the next time out, the piano does not cooperate in the
usual fashion.

There are times when I use no overpull in certain sections on certain
pianos. But this usually only occurs when the pianos have already
demonstrated their idiosyncrasies to me from past experiences, or
when I have a gut feeling that something is amiss.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild