pin tightener

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:37:54 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of invader@northlink.com
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:27 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: pin tightener

Can someone tell me if it's OK to use pin tightener? I have already
tapped
the pins as far as they will go. She does not want to put out the $ for
pin block. Thank you
             Dan

Dan,
	When you say "As far as they will go" do you mean that the coils
are touching the plate? If so that's to far, will cause string breakage
and make it more difficult to get some thin CA in there.
	Search the archives for pin block CA treatment-loose tuning pins
and you'll have hours of reading!
	Good luck
	Tom Driscoll