spelling was  Re: Whippen Cleaning

Frances Helms fhelmsf@netscape.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:22:41 -0500

The American Heritage Dictionary -a fine publication is not likely to have technical terms that are invented by manufacturers and/or piano technicians, even though they've been around for a few hundred years.

Many early spellings were phonetic anyway, and varied according to the etymology (did I spell that right?)of the word.
Respectfully, respektfelly, ah thththth.
Fran Helms,
Topeka, KS.