bush and lane

Ned Swift swiftspiano@hotmail.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:59:23 -0400

Hi all!!

I was recently given a Bush and Lane 5'1" baby grand circa 1924 and am in
the process of rebuilding it.  The player box is missing so all I have is
the piano.  Several questions.

1.  Five of the flanges are missing.  The action is W,N&G.  Any
recommendations on what to replace them with?

2.  Any comments, suggestions, on rebuilding the action?

3.  The hammers are badly worn.  I am thinking that they are 2 1/8 but am
not sure.  Anyone know?

4.  Does the piano have any value as a collectors item?  Should I restore it
and look for a player box or should I make improvements on it and view it as
just a piano?

5.  How is the scale on the piano?  I haven't run the numbers yet but I am
guessing that when I restring it I can make some improvements on the scale.

6.  Any information on the piano is appreciated.

I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on.

Thanks for your help!!

Ned Swift

Swift Piano Service
Lowell, Michigan