Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:53:24 -0600

Hi Richard,

The duplex can not do much except absorb energy rather quickly and then
"bleed" it back into the Bridge/soundboard. It also does act as a "filter"
whether that is intended or not. I do enjoy the sound of pianos with
duplex/triplex--but I can see that they ultimately *must* cause a net
energy loss. I'm against energy loss. *grin* welll mostly. To quote Red
Green, "I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I think." LOL

At 05:35 PM 9/4/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Ron O
>
>I must beg to differ here. I fail to see that there is anything essentially
>wrong with the duplex idea. It creates an effect that many like and enjoy. I
>also fail to understand why "getting tired of hearing about the past" seems
>more to mean resenting that many folks actually like much of what has been
>done in that past and wish for a continuance of that past.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.