Currier

Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:58:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 05, 2002 10:23 PM
Subject: Currier

> Let's face it guys, the Currier was a crappy piano. End of story there,
(and
> them as well!)(Good riddance!) The "innovative" ideas were just that and
> nothing more. The only thing good about them, was that they were trying to
> come up with better materials. IMO, it was a miserable failure=a miserable
> piano.
>
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

So...what? So we should just toss out the whole concept and never again try
something new and innovative? Or should we, perhaps, consider the good ideas
and try to learn from Currier's mistakes. Certainly there were more than a
few bad ideas and some poor execution mixed in with a couple of quite good
ideas. But, it's not like our industry is awash with innovation and
progressive thinking just now. At least it was a breath of fresh air in a
piano world increasingly filled with mediocrity--most of which is also, as
you so delicately put it, crap.

Del