Birth of PTG?

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:47:41 -0500

Here is the preamble from the PTG Bylaws. Fred Tremper and the PTG
Foundation are planning to write a history of the organization projected to
be ready for the PTG's 50th anniversary.

Kent Swafford

Recognizing the need for a united piano technicianšs organization to achieve
the highest possible service standards and to effectively promote and
improve the piano tuning and servicing industry in general, The American
Society of Piano Technicians and the National Association of Piano Tuners
merged to form a single professional organization to be known as The Piano
Technicians Guild, Incorporated (known also as Piano Technicians Guild
and/or PTG), a non-profit corporation under Articles of Consolidation in the
State of Illinois, August 21, 1958.