New Question re: Potential Customers

Elian Degen J. elian_degen@cantv.net
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 23:12:13 -0400

Hello Allan

In your message

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan R. Barnard" <mathstar@salemnet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 13:52
Subject: New Question re: Potential Customers

> I've noticed several references to sending out reminder cards, etc.
>
> I have been calling people when it's time (or when I think it's time) to
> tune. Sometimes I get put off indefinitely or vaguely--they think the
piano
> sounds fine or don't want to spend the $, I suppose.

Let me tell you, I try not to suppose anything, whatever they tell me, my
next line is "This is a service I provide for all my customers, when shuld I
call you back?." Most  of the times they will just tell me a date.. If the
piano has been long overdue, or they keep giving me dates, or they say the
piano just sounds fine for now, or one of the most pathetic lines "My piano
techer says it is ok" I send them either by email or fax  "How to take care
of your piano" where I do point out, first that he cannot expect to have a
piano well tuned if he lets it unserviced for a long time, I tell him about
his investment value and a good comaprisson is to compare it to his car.
After that I send him some links so he can check it in Internet.

My best advize for all of you, do not try to think why a customer will not
do a tuning when you call him,  There was a time I used to worry about that,
now after a long time doing it, many of my customers tell me "I cannot do it
right now, but do not forget to call me, or Do not take me off your list."

Elian