Steinway player

Kdivad@aol.com Kdivad@aol.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:03:12 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/02 8:53:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
lesbart1@juno.com writes:

> Ah, as the gods would have it, I received a call tonight from the
> gentleman who tunes for the Houston Symphony who has pulled several
> actions from Steinway players, and said he'd help me pull it.  Everything
> is still there, very old, very brittle.  There's not much in the way of
> player technicians here in Houston......   He might have to go elsewhere
> for the action work and the player rebuild.  I'll restring it, but don't
> really wish to take on a rebuild project, especially since the piano will
> not be moved from the home for the work I do on it.    Thanks, I guess,
> for warning me I'm in for something of an adventure.
> les bartlett

Les, please take some pictures before you take the unit out.  Most
installations are similar but there can be some unusual configurations and it
will make reinstallation easier.
I do restorations as well as can give you some names of good restorers.

Let me know if I can help.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW