SAT use

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:15:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/02 12:05:20 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ted@yourlink.net
writes:

> the
> customer, while making out the check, asked me if a deaf person could tune a

Technically, the answer is yes. But, the deaf person would have to be very
observant. My SAT III has trouble, especially in the 1st octave, of staying
on the right note. Even I have had to retune several notes when I noticed I
was tuning the wrong one.

But, even that alone, is not what makes a piano tuner. Listening to clicks,
buzzes, scrapes, and other extraneous  noises, and of course, taking care of
them, are all part of "tuning" a piano.

Wim