Twisted key

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:18:50 -0700

Hi Bob,
You say the front is twisted? That is a bad one.
You might remove the key top and over build the front, bottom and sides, =
then trim to fit. Then cut away the key top, sides,etc until it will =
fit. then replace the key top.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bob Hull=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 7:55 PM
  Subject: Twisted key

  List,

  I tuned a Baldwin Hamilton today that has a twisted or warped white =
key.  It can't be leveled with the others or squared.  The front of the =
key is twisted compared to the back.  When you set it on a flat surface =
you can really see the twist - the front left corner of the  key is up =
in the air about 1/8".  I know sometimes you can force a wedge into a =
kerf cut into a key that is bent or warped, but it doesn't seem like =
that would work on this twisted key.  I would appreciate your =
suggestions. =20

  Bob